The Diocese of Varanasi has established St. Mary’s Hospital, a referral hospital at Korauta on one acre in the suburban area of Varanasi City. The Diocese seeks to train nurses and technicians by offering four-year degree programs at St. Mary’s Nursing College.
- To serve the people with health and medical care which is affordable and acceptable to people socially, culturally, and otherwise, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, or race.
- To provide competent and comprehensive (holistic) health care with compassion and love, as taught by Jesus Christ, the Supreme Healer, for the individual, family, and community.
- To function as a referral hospital for the nearby dispensaries and other health care facilities in the rural area under the direction of the Diocese of Varanasi.
- To have a community health program to help in the neighborhood, urban slums (specifically the labor class families) and rural areas to attain and maintain health.
- To conduct educational programs offering a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing, laboratory technology, radiography and other courses of study.
- To maintain and high standard of service through continuing education and in-service training for nurses and other staff working in the rural dispensaries.
- To be of service to the school health programs.
- To educate and motivate people towards responsible parenthood through acceptable methods of family planning.
- To encourage the use of Indian systems of medicines.
Pax in Terra’s Contributions:
Your donations funded the tuition, room and board for two young women at St. Mary’s Nursing School in India in 2010.